Thursday, August 14, 2008

Justin

By midday the next morning, none of the boys had surfaced from their bedrooms. I had heard some yelling coming from the rooms the night before – which was to be expected considering that Travis had gone home with Xander, and Colin had gone home with the guy that had rejected Travis only hours before.

I had gone home alone, in what was the standard fair for me, and I woke up fairly early, and expected there to be a couple of Walks of Shame across my lounge room floor at some point in the morning.

Although there weren’t, and so just before midday I decided to make pancakes, with the theory that the smell would attract the boys.

Surely enough, within minutes there they all were...Travis and Xander, and Colin and his little blonde thing.

The scene was especially awkward – Travis and Colin weren’t speaking to each other, and they simply ushered their boys out of the house as soon as they could before putting in requests for pancakes and heading to their rooms.

Once I’d finished making pancakes I called them both out of their rooms. I was almost tempted to take my food into my room and let them fight it out in the kitchen, but as Travis came out he had something in his hands – Colin’s jacket, which had been left behind by Xander in his hurried rushing out of the apartment.

Colin took it quietly, accepting the peace offering, but Colin was the kind of person who would let the anger about something like this building up for a while, until Travis did something else wrong. In the short term it was an effective strategy, although the frequency with which Travis did things wrong meant that Colin’s anger would be unleashed at some point soon – and I think that Travis understood he had stuffed up and his reprieve was only temporary at best.

So the three of us sat there, in relative silence, eating out pancakes.

“So Justin, I’m guessing you didn’t feel the need to do your hair this morning?” Colin broke the silence.

“Or even put like...proper clothes on, as opposed to those weird pyjamas?” Travis added.

Typical fags, even if they’re at each other’s throats, they still have time to insult other people’s hair and clothing...I just let them go for it and ate my pancakes.

1 comment:

Luke! said...

Red shoes sounds like my kinda guy... lol