Friday, April 18, 2008

Allergic Reactions

Ladies and Gentlemen, I fear I may be allergic to penicillin...you may now commence panicking.

...you may now drink some vodka.

Okay now that that episode is over (and even if you weren't panicking, I hope you drank vodka), I will explain. So as a short yet sweet whinge at the end of my last post revealed, I had tonsilitis, was on some fun antibiotic drugs to make things better, which is what happened..and tada! Healthy tonsils. However side effect ahoy in the form of a lovely rash, which according to my friendly doctor indicates I'm either allergic to penicillin or have glandular fever. I have a feeling it's option A though.

So, that annoys me. The more severe of my gripes is work related. You see, for several months now I have asked work for more hours, so that I can facilitate moving out of home without a relocation of workplace, and they have declined because apparently there's no money. Our full timer (our sole full timer) in the paint department just quit. Instead of like...promoting their next most senior person (ie. me), they have decided to find two new people...and train them up. I would of course me training them...would I get trainer wages for this? I think not! So umm...there will probably be words had.

In addition...they feel I should work 35hrs a week...when I'm getting paid for 24. You see, Bunnings has this amazing overtime system...where when we work over our contracted hours, it goes into a "bank of hours"...which means that if we work less than contracted hours...it comes out of there. It works in theory...because time off yay! Except there will be no way for me to get this time off..cuz there's noone to replace me *now* let alone when our full timer goes. So stress. And Anger. And Illness.

Peace Out

1 comment:

Luke Davidson said...

Awww *hugs* That overtime system is shit! But look at the upside, it gave you some content. :)